Sunday, June 28, 2009

Strange Packages

I return home from getting my nails done for our big night out. I hear my husband saying, "What did you do?" He is trying so hard to sound stern. Then he just starts laughing with, "OH, wow!" I come up the stairs and see a pile of hair to my right and another to my left. My three year old has decided to give herself a pixie cut like her sister's. She has shaved one side of her bangs, cut over her ears and taken a huge chunk out of the middle back. She is pretty much bald on top with two long strands hanging down behind her ears. It is about the worst mullet I have ever seen. After cutting off the long strands, I decide there is nothing evenna professional could do.

The next morning at church she snuggles up to my shoulder with her head down. Has she finally realized she should be embarrassed? She leans back and says, "I got a hair cut." I reply, "I know honey, it's okay." To which she responds quite loudly, "I LOVE my new hair!"

She really does think it is awesome. To tell you the truth, it IS adorable. Not the hair itself, but what it has done to her little three year old face that has recently become completely big girl. She looks exactly like she did when we brought her home from China at 10 months old.

I don't know about you, but I am always sweeter when there is a baby around. I just get into a mode. It is EASY to be sweet to a baby, not the constant struggle it can sometimes be with a 3, 5, 7, and 9 year old. Her little cut has given me a few more months of having a baby around. A little break where I look at her tiny face and find it easy to be sweet to everyone. Sometimes gifts from God come in strange packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment