Saturday, January 2, 2010

One Word Resolution

I was challenged by a friend and fellow blogger at www.DandelionDayz.com to sum up my goals for 2010 in one word. I do so here and pass the challenge on to you in my comment section or on your own blog, facebook, twitter, etc. I would love to read what you have to say.

I have chosen Kindness:

Entry Word: kindness
Function: noun
Meaning:
1. an act of kind assistance
2 the capacity for feeling for anotherʼs unhappiness or misfortune

Kindness is a noun, which means it is a person, place or thing.

In 2010,

I want the place, Kindness, to be my home, my car, where ever I am.

I want the person, Kindness, to be myself and my children.

I want the thing, Kindness, to be a living breathing thing that permeates my life and makes me feel for the unhappiness and misfortune of those around me and to assist them in any way that I can.

The place Kindness can not be filled with so much fighting over so much junk. I must make it a place of more simplicity. A place where people and not things are the main focus.

The person Kindness can not be so self consumed, so worried about me and mine. I must make us more other oriented.

If where we live and who we are know Kindness, then we can bring the Thing out into the world and share it.

If 2010 brings forth a person, place and thing of more Kindness, it shall indeed be a New and Happy Year.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Shelia! We should all aspire to such Kindness.

    I've always known you to live out kindness. I imagine your children have learned much of this from you already.

    ReplyDelete